If you’re looking for the best skin care products to help you maintain the results of a recent aesthetic treatment or you simply want to boost the ongoing health and appearance of your skin through your daily skin care regime, then we recommend either the Obagi Nu-Derm or NeoStrata skin care systems.
Obagi Nu-Derm is the number one physician-dispensed medical skin care system that helps correct and improve visible signs of skin ageing.
NeoStrata offers scientifically advanced skin care products designed to resurface, restore and refine your skin. They are ideal if you have photodamaged skin and are seeking paraben-free skin care products to tackle issues such as skin laxity, wrinkles, crow’s feet, discolour, under-eye puffiness, dull skin and enlarged pores.
Why use a medical cosmetic range like Obagi Nu-Derm or NeoStrata?
Both Obagi’s Nu-Derm System and NeoStrata are designed to work at a cellular level within your skin, unlike non-medical cosmeceuticals, which are far more superficial.
The products in the Nu-Derm range, for example, all work together to complement one another and maintain the pH balance of your skin.
The Nu-Derm System can also boost your skin cell turnover and revitalise your complexion. Thanks to the range of products in the system, we can identify which would be best for your skin type and advise you on the quantity you need to use, as well as the frequency.
Nu-Derm is an ideal skin care range if you have age spots, rough skin, redness, a sallow yellowish complexion, or areas of pigmentation.
We may also recommend that you use Obagi Nu-Derm products to prepare your skin before an Obagi RADIANCE skin peel or facial.
NeoStrata is the product of years of research, which began with Dr Eugene Van Scott and Dr Ruey Yu discovering a shared passion for understanding diseases of the skin and how they can be treated. Together, the doctors made the ground breaking discovery that Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) have profound beneficial effect on human skin. This discovery informs the NeoStrata range.
NeoStrata products have many benefits for healthy skin types but can also treat dermatological conditions such as acne, dry skin, hyperpigmentation and hyperkeratosis.
Are the Obagi Nu-Derm and NeoStrata ranges safe?
All Obagi and NeoStrata skin care products include prescription-strength formulations and are only available through physicians, medical spas, and other skin care and medical professionals. You may experience some mild burning, stinging, redness or dryness. If these symptoms persist, please let us know so that we can advise you.
In very rare cases, people have reported blistering, skin-cracking and darkening of the skin when using products containing hydroquinone. If this happens, you should stop using the products and contact us immediately.
A serious allergic reaction to Obagi Nu-Derm or NeoStrata products is rare but you should seek immediate medical attention if you notice symptoms such as a rash, tingling, swelling, dizziness or trouble breathing.
We will usually carry out a patch test on a small area of skin before prescribing these products.
NeoStrata has a number of different ranges – how do I know which is best for me?
NeoStrata products sit within different categories, each designed to address different needs. We will spend some time analysing your skin to decide which range we feel would be best for you. There are six clear pathways:
- Skin Active – advanced anti-ageing products for mature skin; tackles the signs of ageing, stimulates cell renewal, evens your skin tone, boosts collagen production, protects against oxidative damage. Ideal for treating sagging skin, under-eye puffiness, deep lines, dull/rough skin, crow’s feet, enlarged pores, and free radical damage.
- Resurface – designed to improve skin texture and clarity; formulated with Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) to exfoliate the upper surface layers of the skin to reveal newer, hydrated and healthier skin underneath. Ideal for treating normal skin with poor texture, mottled skin, rough/dull skin, photodamage, enlarged pores, keratosis pilaris, fine lines and wrinkles, adult hormonal acne, and hyperkeratinisation.
- Restore – anti-ageing products for sensitive skin; formulated with Polyhydroxy Acids (PHAs) to strength the skin’s protective barrier, reduce redness and make it less vulnerable to irritants. Ideal for treating dry skin, atopic dermatitis, sensitive skin with poor texture, rosacea, easily irritated skin, fine lines and wrinkles, vascular conditions, photodamage, uneven skin tone, hormonally reactive skin, and free radical damage.
- Refine – anti-ageing products for oily and/or blemished skin; designed to target the unique needs of oily, acne prone skin as it ages. Ideal for treating oily skin, fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, dark spots from acne, excessive shine, photodamage, and enlarged/congested pores.
- Targeted Treatment – intensive treatment for specific skin needs, such as dark circles under the eyes, hyperpigmentation, acne treatment, or severe dry skin. These products complement or boost the benefits of your daily skin care regimen.
- Enlighten – for pigmented skin.
Are Obagi Nu-Derm or NeoStrata the right skin care systems for me?
We recommend that you come into the Cotswold Face and Body Clinic for a free one-to-one consultation so that you can ask questions and get a clear understanding of how the Obagi Nu-Derm and NeoStrata skin care systems work. We will also analyse your skin to determine which products within either range we feel would be best for you.